Your Most Frequently Asked Questions? . . . Answered:
As we have been bombarded with questions from you enthusiastic but nervous carnival revelers and others, we are hoping to respond to as many questions and requests for information. The following are a few of the most frequently asked questions . . . and then some . . . !
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE EXPECTED AT THE WORKSHOPS?
FTP / TDP - Cultural & Free-Style Dance Workshops
1. FTP / TDP - Introductory Dance-Fusion & Cultural Dance Styles Workshop Programme:
- Introduction to Elements of Free-Style Dance Technique;
- Defining Free-Style Competition Structure & Presentation Format;
- Tutoring Elements - Rhythm & Timing, Free-Style Lead & Follow Technique - Communication, Speed, Balance & Control - Level I.
2. FTP / TDP - Performance & Presentation Workshop Programme:
- Mentoring / Tutoring Tips and Techniques for Free-Style Competitions & Performances;
- Free-Style & Performance Partnering - Synchronization, Syncopation, Musicality, Tricks - Level II;
- Mentoring / Tutoring Tips & Free-Style Lead & Follow Technique - Stage & Competition Choreography - Level II.
3. FTP / TDP - Strategic Management & Assessment Programme:
- Performance Management for Stage Presentations & Competitions: Shared Experience & Expertise of All Participants;
- Advance Techniques - "How to avoid mishaps and mistakes!" . . . "Making every step & beat count";
- Performance Administration & Management Tips - Organization, Student & Class Administrative Systems.
- Introduction to the CREATIVE ARTS DEVELOPMENT & ADMINISTRATION (CADA) Programme.
Are these workshops for New or Experienced dancers?
Workshops are intended to be fast-paced and as outlined in the session briefing, it is not recommended for absolute beginners as tutors are required to cover a series of technical (technique) as well as newly choreographed pieces at each workshop.
Why are the workshops aimed at advance dancers and tutors?
A key objective of this training is to focus on high performance or advance dance technique and choreography that is true to the genre or dance style. This will enable dancers to perform and compete in a "Free-Style" dance and competitive environment and help to build confidence in music interpretation, musicality, rhythm management and styling.
I'm not ready to compete or teach . . . will I be able to keep up?
Of Course. Competition training begins with the skill, confidence and understanding of the field in which you expect to challenge. The basic training program focuses on these areas before focusing on competitive aspects at later stages of the program.
We believe that these elements will be crucial in getting dancers, tutors and competitors up to the levels of confidence and competence to guide students or themselves challenge Free-Style Dance Competitions in the format that will help dancers and competitors to compete at regional and international levels.
Will I be able to join if I miss the first or any workshop?
Each workshop session will focus on different aspects of the training program, so participants can attend any workshop and benefit from the training curriculum at that session.
Each workshop is however considered to be building blocks of the overall program, so having all the blocks in place will make the building or learning process easier and faster. Don't worry, the team will; help you to catch-up on anything you may have missed.
Can I attend all the workshops on every class day?
Of Course (if you have the stamina) . . . and for challenging yourself you get a special package offer for both sessions . . . (See details on the FTP Registration Page).
What is the benefit of this program to Tutors or Advance Dancers?
As previously discussed, we are hoping to register a group of experienced or sufficient teachable and tutor ready dancers who can be engaged in earning while doing what they love.
If that can be established within the sessions then the opportunity to achieving this goal may be presented sooner for those who are ready and able to embrace the challenge. The programme is nevertheless expected to benefit and work with those who may need some coaching and mentoring in their adaptation to the needs of this calling.
What is expected of participants who have the ability to excel?
Well, we are hoping that everyone will be able to excel, but more importantly, this is an initiation and assessment program of training that we are working to have successful participants upgraded to our DF-Level II (Performers / Competitors) & DF-III (Tutors / Administrators) with access to resources and support tools that are geared to helping them to establish entrepreneurial and income-generating opportunities as desired. For example:
- Tutor trainees are given access to Administrative and Management Training tools;
- Marketing Resources including their own Dance School Website;
- Student Marketing and Administration Support;
- The opportunity and possibility to manage special programs of the organization and more.